Thursday, August 09, 2007

Summer Lovin'...

Hey, everybody!...I'm back!...

Well, I returned to the island on Sunday night...Sorry that it has taken so long for me to post...It's actually been very frusterating...You see, (besides being pretty busy) my internet wasn't working until yesterday...And now it's not uploading or downloading pictures...So, you'll notice there's no images in this entry...I think it's the first time in a long ass time that an entry has no pictures...I feel like a failure...My blog sucks...You guys will just have to survive until I get myself situated on the island...(Hell, I just got my water turned on today...I didn't take a shower for three days...Stanky boy!)...I pretty much recieved death threats because I wasn't posting a new blog entry...So, I realized I better post something, even if it is without pics...

Anyways, I wanted to warn all y'all that I'm going to try to write really short blog entries this year...Wow, Judy Lou...Stop laughing at that last comment...I know I say that all the time but one of my personal goals I made when I decided to come back to this God forsaken island was to begin writing my book...I have an excellent young adult story in my mind that's dying to get out...So, my blog entries will be brief...Maybe just a paragraph or two...As you can see, this entry is already not that...Judy Lou, once again, stop laughing ;-)

Okay, so what I really want to express in this entry is how hard I found it to be coming back to this island...After a whole summer of being with family and friends every single day and playing with them and laughing with them and having conversations with them and feeling their love, being on that airplane returning to American Samoa was incredibly lonesome and disheartening...I just felt this dreadful sinking in my stomach...A feeling of regret and fear..."Did I make the right decision coming back?"..."Is there any possibility in going back to Wisconsin?"..."I could get a substitute teaching job and live with Ma!"...It's been a completely different experience in coming back to the island alone...This place is already an awfully forlorn and solitary place...So, arriving back to it unaccompanied was and is still frightening and even dreadful...Especially after a wonderful summer with family and friends...

As you can see, I've had some real lows since being back...But I've also had some highs...And I'll let you know about them in the next entry...Here's a quick list of my five favorite summer of 2007 memories...

My Five Favorite Summer of 2007 Memories:

5. Noah's Ark = Seeing Charlie and Chase adore this waterpark was spectacular...I've never seen two kids more content in my life...

4. Appleton = Chilling with Trish and Stish was relaxing and carefree...I didn't get to have many mini-vacations like that this summer...I also think I bonded with the two of them more than ever before...

3. Ella and Baby Jacob = I spent a ton of lazy summer afternoons with the Rodriguez family...And I grew really close to these two kids...It'll be hard to start from scratch next year...

2. The Night Before Suzy's Bachlorette Party = Although the actual party was a blast, I kinda felt like the quiet night before the party spent with Suzy was even more fun and special...Our friendship is so much bigger than a festivity...

1. Jellystone Park = I not only loved (finally!) spending some quality time with the Salter clan, I also applaud the two crazy bandits known as Shawn and Joe...Throwing pebbles at a sleeping Charlie and Chase was pee-inducingly hilarious...Shawn and I haven't had a moment like that in a while...

Now, I know there will be some disappointed people who didn't make the list...but, sorry, you just didn't cut it...

Nah, just kidding...My mom's Thanksgiving dinner was extraordinary...Kristy's hot air balloon ride was gorgeous...And Tiffany's night of 'Guys Gone Wild' was hot...So, there...Are y'all happy now? ;-)

Alright...I gotta go...I know there's no discussion question, but y'all are welcome to leave a comment of support or advice...Or even a comment resembling that summer lovin' I'm missin' so much...

Love ya and miss ya...

-JOE

(...the following dialogue is from the season three finale of Lost when Jack is confessing to Kate his desire to go back to the island that brought them so much sorrow and toil...It is a year or so since they've been rescued off the island...)

Jack: I've been flying a lot...

Kate: What?

Jack: Yeah...Every Friday night I fly from L.A. to Tokyo or Singapore or Sydney and I get off and I have a drink and then I fly home...

Kate: Why?

Jack: Because I want it to crash, Kate...I don't care about anyone else on board...Every little bump we hit or turbulence, I mean, I actually close my eyes and I pray that I can get back...

Kate: This is not going to change...

Jack: No! I'm sick of lying...We made a mistake...

Kate: I have to go...

Jack: Kate, we were not supposed to leave...

Kate: Yes, we were...Goodbye, Jack...

Jack: We have to go back, Kate...We have to go back!...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a brave and dedicated boy for going back...making the world a better place one crazy island at a time ;)
You're funny with your Lost scene...can't wait for another year of blog entries (see when you are home there are no entertaining blogs) and I really can't wait for your book!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for your book either-my son-the best selling author!! Oprah's bookclub!!! One of my Summer Lovin' was when we all went to Prairie Du Chen-eating Neman Marcus around the campfire while enjoying the spectacular fireworks display that Ron & Chad provided, and the most annoying boat ride ever back to shore in the morning!

Love you & miss you!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Suzie said...

Oh that was a great prairie du chen time! Thats up on my list too. Yummy neman marcus! and Dill pretzels! Although those detours sucked!
And an odd choice with the night before, since I did read harry potter the whole time, but I obviously enjoyed it.
My favorite loves of the summertime have been SYTYCD nights, tubing down the wisconsin, and perhaps picking you up from the airport. I don't think I've ever missed you more and have been so happy to see you, plus I think we talked away into the morning the entire drive home...

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sconi-suzie.blogspot.com/