Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Bittersweet Island Goodbye Blog Top Five: Part Two



Hola, mi amigos!...Susu polo afu?...Anyways, it's time for another list commemorating my two years here in American Samoa...Lets all reminisce together as we remember the most memorable video clips I've posted on this blog...

That video above actually IS NOT one of my favorite videos...But I decided to introduce today's entry with it because it's my most watched video clip on YouTube...Out of my 101 videos I've posted on YouTube, that clip of the "Singing Tafuna Warrior Trio" has gotten almost 12,000 views!...By far, the most views outta all my vids...I don't know what's so special about it...Maybe it's the cute Samoan boys singin'...Or maybe it's their actual singin'...Eh, no one knows...But it's a popular video...


Top Five Samoa Joe Unforgettable Videos:

5. Sammy's Birthday = Okay, so maybe this clip isn't much fun for everybody else to watch...(It only has 98 views on YouTube)...But it's a flood of warm, fuzzy memories for me...Plus, you can hear each of the boys and their charming personalities...




4. Cinderella Practice = About 1,000 people have watched this romantic, beautiful practice performance from the Cinderella Musical I directed at Tafuna High School...I was so proud of Geno and Tino...Their hearts truly are worn on their sleeves in this clip...(Plus, my two wicked step-sisters in the background are hilarious)...




3. Rolln on the River = This was one of the first moments I had on the island where I witnessed the wild, funny, and exuberant entertaining that Samoans are famous for in the South Pacific...Esecially when it comes to Fafafines...The Tina Turner-wanna-be makes the entire audience smile in delight...



2. Lotoasi Wave Pool = Now this video clip is hilarious...Holy almost drowning is excellent...And John saying, "Oh, Shit, Neman!" is classic...And this dangerously fun pool we swam in will always be in my memories of American Samoa...



1. Flag Day Girls Dance Practice = This video clip is the epitome of the elegance and uniqueness of the dazzling Samoan culture...Not only are the girls lovely to look at, but the rememberance of Flag Day 2007 will always remain in my heart...



Alright, that's it for this week's Bittersweet Island Goodbye Blog Top Five...Did I include all the best videos?...Which video clips did I totally forget about?...What do you think of the videos I put on the list?...And, hey, if you have time, try to watch all 101 videos I've posted on YouTube...It'll probably only take you ALL DAY to watch 'em all!...

Love ya and miss ya...

-JOE


"Nobody invades my island and gets away with it."
-from 2008's Nim's Island

1 Comments:

Blogger Shorty said...

hi..this was really great...i loved your blog..sorry you have no idea who dis is, but i am from Samoa and am studying in Hawaii..am glad u had fun in Samoa.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sconi-suzie.blogspot.com/